getting process i/o wasted time ...

From: Dario Bahena Tapia (dario.bahena@correo.unam.mx)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 14:11:05 EST

Hi linux hackers ...

I'd like to know, if there's a way to get the ammount of time wasted by a
process, while it was making i/o. I've seen that the rusage
makes available the ammount of i/o blocks, but I'm thinking in something
like:

          process warawara ...
          time wasted in disks i/o .... XXX
          time wasted in net i/o .... XXX
          etc. ???

Doest it makes sense? it could be done in linux?

I supposed ,that I can insert some system calls in the right places
in the program to make this... but I'm interested in a non-intrusive
method ...

Thanks in advance

saludos
dario estepario ...