Re: Fwd: [Lse-tech] get_pid() performance fix

From: Dave McCracken (dmccr@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 10:21:28 EST

--On Thursday, March 07, 2002 09:35:09 AM -0500 Hubertus Franke
<frankeh@watson.ibm.com> wrote:

>> At a cursory glance, this seems to be three patches:
>> 1) Fix the get_pid() hang.
>> 2) Speed up get_pid().
>>
>> 3) And this piece I'm not sure about:
>> > + if(p->tgid > last_pid && next_safe > p->tgid)
>> > + next_safe = p->tgid;

> 1) was done by Greg Larson and was already submitted
> 2) once properly done, we will circulate before bothering Linus again
> 3) this must have come in because of a wrong patch generation.

Actually that was Paul Larson, but close enough :)

3) is actually a separate bugfix. I had a patch accepted some time back
that added the check for tgid, but missed adding it to the section below.
Paul caught it when he did his patch and added it for me.

Dave McCracken