sunhme.o+SMP, the fourth QFE port interrupt mystery

From: Matt (matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 11:09:34 EST

After plugging in a Sun QFE card into an HP LH6000r, with the kernel
compiled for SMP support, the fourth port can't get an interrupt. I can
get all four ports to come up if I don't compile SMP support in, but my
interrupt allocation ends up looking like this:

root@spud:~# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0: 63234 XT-PIC timer
  1: 521 XT-PIC keyboard
  2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
  5: 2395 XT-PIC megaraid
  8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
  9: 2029 XT-PIC aacraid, aic7xxx, eth0, HAPPY MEAL, HAPPY MEAL, HAPPY MEAL, HAPPY MEAL
 12: 0 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
 14: 3 XT-PIC ide0
NMI: 0
ERR: 8

...which I don't believe is conducive to an efficient system :-).

I've also tried enabling Local APIC support but that causes problems
elsewhere on this particular box, so I've left that alone. 2.4.16 is
the current kernel version on here.

Anyone have a fix for this?

Cheers

Matt

PS. Being a Sun card, all of the ports have a MAC of 00:00:00:00:00:00, I
can see four unique codes on the card that must be the last six digits of
each MAC, but what is the first six for a Sun QFE? I don't have another
plugged into a Sun box to see...