Re: [opensource] Re: Petition Against Official Endorsement ofBitKeeper by Linux Maintainers

From: Dan Davis (davis.37@osu.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 17:17:41 EST

To all who read this list. I respect someone's ideology and I respect
a person's need to support his family. I like Opensource, Linux, etc.,
but I have to work in a Microsoft world at this "present time"
to support my family. I have learned to respect people's right to disagree.
Not everyone will agree with the other's conclusions and there have
been a number of good points raised on both sides. Please pause
and consider them. If you must disagree, please do it in a respectful
and business like manner. When you don't, you are only damaging
your own argument. Thanks.

Dan Davis, Sys Dev/Eng, CNA
Physical Facilities
Ohio State University
614-688-3271 Work
614-292-6751 Fax
davis.37@osu.edu

"Preparation creates confidence.
Process leads to sound execution.
Regimen aims effort toward perfection.
Excellence matters." Orel Hershiser

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, michael bernstein wrote:

> Get over the money issue though. There are a lot of
> people who could benefit from bitkeeper being opensourced, so why not go
> and do it?

rent. food. clothing. basic necessities and whatnot.

Just a thought.

> Serve others, not yourself.

I begin to smell the exuberance of youthful ideology.

Does anyone have a can of Lysol I can borrow?

BK belongs to bitmover. They can do whatever they want with it. Deal.

--
-- John E. Jasen (jjasen1@umbc.edu)
-- In theory, theory and practise are the same. In practise, they aren't.