RE: Re: ACL support

From: pelletierma@netscape.net
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 19:31:25 EST

Andreas Dilger <adilger@clusterfs.com> wrote:

>On Mar 07, 2002 15:58 -0500, pelletierma@netscape.net wrote:
>> What I am offering is an alternative implementation of ACL support at the
>> VFS level, that remains independent of filesystem support for ACLs.
>
>Then you must not have looked at the bestbits.at code at all. It includes
>a generic VFS interface for EAs and ACLs. There are ext2, ext3, and XFS
>codes which work with this VFS interface.
>
>Some people have had complaints about the bestbits VFS interface, and
>another one for people to look at is never a bad thing.

That's my point. :-) I didn't say I have the /only/ interface in the VFS,
but that I'm proposing an /alternate/ interface at that level; in which
I do things a bits differently. For one, I dissociate the attributes from
the ACL entirely; but that doesn't prevent the filesystem from implementing
one in terms of the other.

--

__________________________________________________________________ Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/