Re: 160gb maxtor with promise ultra 100

From: Holger Lubitz (h.lubitz@internet-factory.de)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 09:47:44 EST

Matan proclaimed:
> I had something similar - with 2.4.17+ide patch and PDC20265. The kernel
> hanged at exactly the same position. I moved the disk to hdg (master on
> second channel, instead of first), and it works OK.

Thanks for the hint, but this is not really an option for me. Both
drives should be master on their own channel. I would have tried with
both drives on the secondary channel, unfortunately the cable is too
short for that configuration. It would barely work for the primary, but
then I still have the hde: problem.

Holger