Re: pwc-webcam attached to usb-ohci card blocks on read() indefinitely.

From: Thomas Winischhofer (tw@webit.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 22:47:01 EST

Greg KH wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 10:03:57PM +0100, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:
> > Furthermore, the usb driver(s) behave strangely on
> > connecting/disconnecting the camera. Sometimes this works flawlessly,
> > sometimes I get a lot of USB timeout ("usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout")
> > and/or "USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed dev x rqt 128 rq 6 len 490 ret -110"
> > messages in the syslog. (Kernel is 2.4.16 and 2.4.18 - no difference)
>
> Try removing /sbin/usbmodules (or renaming it) to see if this problem
> goes away. I have the same problem with some devices too, and am
> working on tracking it down.

This actually made it, thanks so far! (usbmodules is located in
/usr/sbin/ on my machine)

Of course, the main problem still exists. Additionally, the USB audio
module is not loaded any more (for the built-in microphone of this
camera).

Sorry if I ask something stupid, I am a total USB rookie - what's that
/usr/sbin/usbmodules file for?

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer