apm problems on thinkpad

From: David Hajek (david@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 14:49:16 EST

Hi!

 I have several problems with APM on my IBM Thinkpad R30
laptop. Standby mode (apm -s) does not work properly,
because all fans are running. Laptop survives no more
than hour when in standby mode, because all battery
power is eatten. Is it possible to stop them? ;-) I try
the same with win2k and it works fine.

Its interesting that resume works fine - no locks or
some other problems with it.

I am running 2.4.18 with ide.2.4.18rc1.

Other configs:

CONFIG_PM=y
# CONFIG_ACPI is not set
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
# CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set