Attached is a patch to make life easier for building RPMs from the
Basically it adds:
* .spec files are named with version included
* a .spec file is placed in %_topdir/SPECS on sucessful build so you
can do a rpm -bb kernel-x.y.z.spec to recreate the packages.
* a tarball with current source and config is placed in
%_topdir/SOURCE after a sucessful build, and also contains a .spec
file so anyone can do a rpm -ta tarball.tar.gz.
* a source RPM is left in %_topdir/SRPMS after a successful build.
* a binary RPM is left in %_topdir/RPMS/%_arch for easy install.
Created against 2.4.19-pre2-ac3, but should apply cleanly to any
2.4.18 or better.
-- Alexander Hoogerhuis | email@example.com CCNP - CCDP - MCNE - CCSE | +47 908 21 485 "You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it." --Scott McNealy
- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Mar 15 2002 - 22:00:12 EST