Re: Node affine NUMA scheduler

From: Jesse Barnes (jbarnes@sgi.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 21:58:18 EST

I ran hackbench on a 16 way system with the new version of your patch,
here are the results:

# vanilla ingo ingo+erich_numa
-- ------- ---- ---------------
1 0.476 0.224 0.320
10 6.503 1.467 1.591
20 14.497 2.811 2.776
30 23.806 4.000 4.016
40 34.472 5.036 5.251
50 48.402 6.552 6.494
60 59.656 7.861 8.032
70 75.220 9.762 9.564
80 87.675 10.791 10.669
90 106.264 15.429 13.697
100 123.883 17.212 15.814

I only did one run for each kernel. Do these numbers compare to what
you're getting? The macros for SN boxes are as follows (if I got them
correct), maybe you could include them in your next patch?

/*
 * SGI SN1 specific macros
 */
#elif defined(CONFIG_IA64_SGI_SN1)
#define NR_NODES 4
#define CPU_TO_NODE(cpu) ((cpu_physical_id(cpu) >> 8) & 0xff)
#define SAPICID_TO_NODE(hwid) ((hwid >> 8) & 0xff)
/*
 * SGI SN2 specific macros
 */
#elif defined(CONFIG_IA64_SGI_SN2)
#define NR_NODES 2
#define CPU_TO_NODE(cpu) ((cpu_physical_id(cpu) >> 12) & 0xff)
#define SAPICID_TO_NODE(hwid) ((hwid >> 12) & 0xff)

Thanks,
Jesse