Re: [RFC] discontigmem support for ia32 NUMA box in 2.4.18

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 00:10:16 EST

Patricia Gaughen wrote:

>This patch depends on the patch I sent last week (Subject: [RFC]
>modularization of i386 setup_arch and mem_init in 2.4.18 -
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=101562204614563&w=2) to
>lkml. It is available for download at
>http://lse.sf.net/numa/discontig/memalloc-setup-2.4.18

Your "prep" patch for discontigmem seems pretty sane... but it's also a
[relatively] big patch involving a pretty key piece of code.

I wonder if you could split the memalloc-setup patch into multiple
steps, eventually arriving at your goal?

IMO it would be better to split up the memalloc-setup patch, apply it to
2.5.x initially...

(sorry, no comments on your actual discontigmem patch :))

    Jeff