Re: Oops in 2.5.6 and 2.5.7-pre1 - reiserfs?

From: Alex Walker (alex@x3ja.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 12:40:27 EST

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 08:03:37PM +0300, Oleg Drokin wrote:
> > Whilst I'm here... Is there a neat way to convert your root system
> > from 3.5 to 3.6? I tried "mount -o remount,conv /" which gave no
> > errors, but didn't actually convert it. I also tried adding conv to
> > the options in /etc/fstab, but to similar effect... Do I have to
> > copy to a different partition with a 3.6 format and use that as my
> > root to do it?
> I think you need to pass "rootflags=conv" option to your kernel. That
> should work. Esp. if you do not use any kind of initrd.

This doesn't work, sorry.

I get:
EXT3-fs: Unrecognized mount option conv
EXT2-fs: Unrecognized mount option conv
found reiserfs format "3.5" with standard journal
[Usual boot messages]

on boot, which is odd. I do have some EXT3 partitions too, but my root
is certainly reiserfs.

This probably isn't the right place to be asking for this kind of help I
guess, but if anyone can shed any light - I would appreciate it.

However I am in the process of creating some reiserfs boot disks so I
can convert it...

Alex

--
      ALEX|X3JA