Re: pcmcia oops problem?

From: Juan Quintela (quintela@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 13:40:54 EST

>>>>> "richard" == Richard Gooch <rgooch@ras.ucalgary.ca> writes:

richard> Juan Quintela writes:
>> >>>>> "jeff" == Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com> writes:

jeff> Can you describe the pcmcia oops problem in detail?
jeff> What output do you get from a serial console?

>> Ok, trying to get better message now.

richard> Can you:

richard> - capture the Oops and decode with ksymoops

stack overflow, when we got the Oops, we have already overwrote half
the memory, i.e. the stack trace makes no sense at all :(

richard> - make sure you always Cc: me on devfs-related problems (I nearly
richard> missed this one).

Not sure what is this one, and I am beggining to think that the
problem is some subtle thing in andrea_vm.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy