Re: 2.4.18 Preempt Freezeups

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 09:30:29 EST

> "This kernel module attempts to isolate all of the functions and
> structures that NeTraverse utilizes in it's binary kernel modules."
>
> The win4lin patch (also GPL) provides hooks for the mki-adapter module
> to call.

Not really. Because if the win4lin patch provides hooks for binary modules
that the binary modules depend upon then its hard to see how the two are
resolvable. Either its GPL , in which case why is nonGPL code dependant
on it and not shipped GPL, or it isnt

> I'm not asking for help fixing it, because of the binary module issue.
> I'm just looking for ways to narrow down where the problem might be,
> given that the machine completely locks up.

I've also seen the win4lin patch. I really don't envy anyone trying to
debug it