2.4.19-pre3 s390 memorandum

From: Pete Zaitcev (zaitcev@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 13:15:23 EST

Martin,

thanks for taking action and sending updates for 2.4.19-pre3.
I am happy to report that it generally works, and with the
partition code it recognises ECKD volumes.

I would very much prefer if you sent future updates in plain
diff -u to linux-kernel too. I appreciate tarballs that you
sent to me, but this is not quite what would prevent broken
kernels in the future [it helps Red Hat to ship working kernels,
but it does not help Marcelo]. As it was with 2.4.18, Marcelo
has no choice but to accept all code that belongs to your
authority and to fail every else, producing inconsistency.
Posting to linux-kernel beforehand is supposed to start a
discussion that may guide Marcelo to accept changes to generic code.
I will send the example with the partition code immediately.

Greetings,
-- Pete