Re: VGA blank causes hang with 2.4.18

From: Juan (piernas@ditec.um.es)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 13:04:44 EST

Richard Gooch escribió:

> Hi, all. Here's a perverse problem: when the screen blanks (text
> console) with 2.4.18, the machine hangs. No ping response, no magic
> SysReq response. I didn't have this problem with 2.4.7.
>
> The command I used to configure screen blanking was:
> setterm -blank 10 -powerdown 0
>
> This is an Athalon 850 MHz on a Gigabyte GA-7ZM motherboard.
>
> I managed to waste a few hours chasing this, wondering why the machine
> hung a while after boot. Of course, I first blamed the jobs that were
> started on it soon after boot. Turns out the jobs are not to blame!
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard....

I have had a similar problem for a long time with different versions of
Linux kernel.
This problem rarely occurs and it always does when I am in a text
console. MagicSysRq does not help :-(.

Bye!!!!

--
D. Juan Piernas Cánovas
Departamento de Ingeniería y Tecnología de Computadores

*** Por favor, envíeme sus documentos en formato texto, HTML, PDF o PostScript :-) *** - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/