Nice values for kernel modules

From: Balbir Singh (balbir_soni@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 18:59:44 EST

In older v2.4 we could directly access current->nice
and set it to any value we wanted. This has now
been replaced by set_user_nice(). The problem
that I face is that task_nice() is not exportted, so
my kernel module cannot use it to read the current
nice value.

Was there some reason for hiding the nice value from
kernel modules?

I have the following solutions

0. I could use the TASK_NICE() macro, but I would
   like to avoid using it.
1. Export task_nice in ksyms.c
2. Use sys_nice() using a user space disguise.

Comments,
Balbir Singh.