i810 and the AC tree

From: Ashwin D (ashwinds@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 02:25:44 EST

Hi,
Linux Amateur Alert!!

I was trying to get Quake 3 going on my i810 kobian motherboard with the 2.4.19-pre2-ac2 kernel and was troubled by the display limiting itself to 1/4 (top) of my 14 inch monitor at a startx depth of 16. At a depth of 24, the display was sized correctly but q3 was too slow -I believe Q3 will only work at a depth of 16.

I switched to the 2.4.18 kernel and this problem disappeared - so I presume this is a bug attached to the AC tree alone- maybe associated with XFree 4.2 merge in 2.4.18pre9-ac3. The problem also exists in the 2.4.19-pre3-ac3 kernel.

Iam using Mandrake 8.1 with XFree 4.1.x and fluxbox+rox as wm.

Hope someone can fix this before Marcelo merges it into his tree. For any further info, please mail me directly/CC since Iam not subscribed to LKML.

Regards,
ashwin