Re: Linux 2.4.19-pre3-ac1

From: Mike Fedyk (mfedyk@matchmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 19:01:36 EST

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 06:52:51PM -0500, Matthew D. Pitts wrote:
> L-K developers,
>
> What is the recomended amount of swap if you have a PC with 384 MB ram?

There is not a single right answer because it's based on your work load.

I would set it to 2x or 3x the ammount of swap you currently have *in use* during
normal operation.

For smaller ammounts of ram (measured in the hundreds) I'd just make it
equal to how much ram you have. With more ram, use the above suggestion.

Mike