Re: fadvise syscall?

From: Martin K. Petersen (mkp@mkp.net)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 09:39:19 EST

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Morton <akpm@zip.com.au> writes:

Andrew> O_DIRECT is broken against RAID0 (at least) in 2.5 at present.
Andrew> The RAID driver gets sent BIOs which straddle two or more
Andrew> chunks and RAID spits out lots of unpleasant warnings. Neil
Andrew> has been informed...

Yep. I've been porting my original kiobuf based request splitter to
biobufs. It's almost there, I've just been extremely busy with
something else for a while.

It's not only when you straddle chunks. The current code does not
handle requests straddling RAID zones either.

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/