Re: oops at boot with 2.5.7 and i810

From: Martin Dalecki (dalecki@evision-ventures.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 10:51:26 EST

Luigi Genoni wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Martin Dalecki wrote:
>

>>Luigi Genoni wrote:
>>
>>>that is: __get_hash_table

OK I have been looking that the correspodning function
and found it only to be related to filesystem super-block
operations as well as buffer_head manipulation... Quite
out of order if you ask me. So the chances are that there
are just particular problems with your compiler/build

In esp. fs/buffer is the only place where it get's used!

/fs/buffer.c:struct buffer_head * __get_hash_table(struct block_device *bdev,
sector_t block, int size)
./fs/buffer.c: bh = __get_hash_table(bdev, block, size);
./fs/buffer.c: old_bh = __get_hash_table(bh->b_bdev, bh->b_blocknr, bh->b_size);

Let me guess: You root partition is on a ReiserFS?