Re: aa-030-writeout_scheduling

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 13:15:54 EST

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Rik van Riel wrote:

> Indeed, I suspect you'll want to either fix this or remove
> the code before submitting the patch. Including dead code
> right from the start seems kind of pointless.

  Fix it is obviously the right way to go, assuming it is really broken
rather than some problem in the breakup.

> Note that if you have the ndirty thing functional, the
> nfract_stop_bdflush tunable isn't doing anything, since
> kswapd would stop after ndirty pages ...

That's not the intent... one is "don't do too much at one time" and the
other is "stop when you've done enough." I think both are good things to
be able to adjust, along with the usual frequency of check and age to
flush. Better that all of these should WORK, of course.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc