Re: Linux-2.4.19pre3-ac5

From: Stephen Williams (mrsteve@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 12:49:15 EST

Worked like a champ, thank's Andre!

Steve

From: Andre Hedrick [mailto:andre@linux-ide.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 11:24 PM
To: Stephen Williams
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Linux-2.4.19pre3-ac5

On 21 Mar 2002, Stephen Williams wrote:

> I can compile ac-5 fine but when trying to boot I get the following
> error:
>
> kernel BUG at ide-cd.c:790!
> invalid operand: 0000
>
> I am running 2.4.19pre3 without a problem. I didn't have a way (as
far
> as I know) to get the full panic output but I can copy by hand and
post
> here if needed.
>
> Have a good one,
> Steve

It is a BUG() check to see if there are cases where the interrupt
handler
is being set (re armed) while it is currently set for another event.

if (HWGROUP(drive)->handler != NULL)
     BUG();
ide_set_handler(drive, handler, timeout, expirey);

If we are reloading the handler but it was set but something else ,
never
called during a completion, and/or is dangling. It is a typo my bad :-(

Edit and change it from "==" to "!="

Apology for the typo folks.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick