Re: undefined reference

From: Anthony Chee (anthony.chee@polyu.edu.hk)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 23:17:50 EST

Or let me say clearly.

The suitution is I want the kernel source use the symbol from module.

What I did in the module code are:
1. EXPORT_SYMBOL(func) in the source code of module
2. Set "extern int func()" in the module header

What I did in the kernel source code are:
1. Insert "func()" in the inode.c
2. Add the module header in the kernel source code

Then I use "make bzImage", I got no error message on compiling inode.c, but
I got

"fs/fs.o(.text+0x1377d): undefined reference to `func'"

in the linking stage.

I also set condition inode.c to check the existing of module before calling
func()

Thanks

Regards,
Anthony