Re: SSSCA Hits the Senate

From: Matt Reppert (matt@nyu.dyn.dhs.org)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 15:30:56 EST

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:29:23 -0500
"Matthew D. Pitts" <mpitts@suite224.net> wrote:

> This bill seems to be an extension of the DMCA... at least to me. And as far
> as I am conserned, this bill will not get very far.

That's what people said about the DMCA, four years ago.

Granted, society hasn't ended because of it, but it's still very much
there. If you don't think it's an issue, perhaps you'd like to take it
up with, oh, Colen McMillen, Dmitri Sklyarov, or the people in charge
of bnetd? :)

Honestly, I hope you're right. Then again, I'm not willing to hedge
anything on the bet that you are, since in a way we've been there
before with interesting results.

Matt