[ANNOUNCE] Patch set 2.4.19-pre5-jp9

From: Jörg Prante (joergprante@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 20:53:38 EST

Kernel patch set jp9 of the Linux kernel 2.4.19pre5

http://infolinux.de/jp9

Jörg Prante, joerg@infolinux.de

Changes from jp8 to jp9

Note: XFS can now be mounted as root filesystem. Thanks to Jared H. Hudson
for the fix of the file system build procedure. Please compile XFS as
built-in file system, not as a module. Otherwise there will be undefined
symbols. Realtime clock support for ALSA Sequencer has been fixed.

Known Issues

Cdfs throws a segfault when accessing a CD.

Security note: The one-liner in 72_linux-2.4.18.secfix is not enough to fix
the security problem in 2.4 kernels. It is only a forward port of the fix
that can be found in older kernels. Currently as of 11 March 2002, a better
solution is unknown. If you want to keep high security, you are requested to
stay tuned for a new version of jp which will appear after a proven fix has
been found

What is it?

The -jp kernels are development kernels for testing purpose only. They will
appear regularly two or three times a month. Their purpose is to provide a
service for developers who can't keep up to date with the latest kernel and
patch versions, but want to test new features and evaluate enhancements that
are not to be expected for inclusion into the mainstream 2.4 kernel.

You want to test the kernel patch set? Download the standard kernel 2.4.18,
and apply the jp set.

You are missing a patch? Patches will be added by request.

You run into problems? Send me a mail and I will try to fix the problem. I
want to get the jp kernels as much as stable I can.

You feel happy with a jp kernel? Just let me know if my work is good for you.

On my system I only use jp kernels. So, some minor features are specific to
Dell Inspiron laptops.

Download

The patch set is provided as a single archive where you will find all patches
as separate .bz2 packed files. Please take care if you split the set and try
to use parts of it.

http://infolinux.de/jp9/patch-jp9.tar.bz2

Overview

00_patch-2.4.19-pre0-pre1.bz2
00_patch-2.4.19-pre1-pre2.bz2
00_patch-2.4.19-pre2-pre3.bz2
00_patch-2.4.19-pre3-pre4.bz2
00_patch-2.4.19-pre4-pre5.bz2
01_kernel-sound-remove-0-2.4.19pre5.bz2
01_kernel-sound-remove-1-2.4.19pre4.bz2
01_kernel-sound-remove-2-2.4.19pre3.bz2
01_kernel-sound-remove-3-2.4.19pre2.bz2
01_kernel-sound-remove-4-core.bz2
01_rtc.bz2
02_alsa-0.9.0beta10-0.bz2
02_alsa-0.9.0beta10-beta12-include.bz2
02_alsa-0.9.0beta10-beta12-sound.bz2
02_alsa-0.9.0beta12-no-modem-probe.bz2
02_alsa-0.9.0beta12-part1.bz2
03_boot-time-ioremap.bz2
03_dmi-apic-fixups.bz2
11_rmap-12h.bz2
12_sched-O1-K3.bz2
13_preempt-kernel-rml-2.4.19-pre2-ac2-3.bz2
14_lockbreak-rml.bz2
15_lockbreak-1.bz2
22_autofs4.bz2
22_isrdonly.bz2