Re: Linux needs new leadership.

From: Cyril Chevrot (cyril.chevrot@asim.lip6.fr)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 11:26:33 EST

The author of this mail is obviously a bad investigator, and
apparently doesn't know what Advanded Groups Search
on newsgroup is.

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Richard M. Stallman: [...] my favorite text editor [...]

"I use uemacs myself, and I consider it the best editor around. Not for
 any real technical reasons, but simply because I'm used to it. Oh, and
 it's not a buggered piece of overgrown sh*t like GNU emacs. There.
 I've said it. " (Linus Torvalds, 1 Dec 2000)

"I use "microemacs" (which has got nothing to
 do with "real emacs" other than having keybindings that are close enough
 to be confusing)." (Linus Torvalds, 23 Apr 1998)

"I'm distrustful of projects that do not have well-defined goals, and
 well-defined interfaces. They tend to bloat and do "everything" over
 time. This is what gives us horrors like GNU emacs and Mach: they
 don't try to do one thing well, they try to do _everything_ based on
 some loose principle" (Linus Torvalds, 26 Mar 1998)

> Theo de Raadt: Theo is an exceptional candidate. Not only is he a
> more than adequate hacker; he attracts exactly the type of people
> to OpenBSD that he wants, and will jettison those who are not up to
> the task.
"First off, I don't like a lot of the elitism that does on among Linux
 hackers.[...] If you think using Un*x makes you some kind of super
 genius who should be feared by mere mortals and
 end users, either get over it or start using *BSD. *BSD users (and
 developers) are all complete jackasses, so you'll fit right in."
 (Linus Torvalds, 11 Avr 2001)

--
	Cyril