[PROBLEM] PCI Subsystem not recognized by newer ( > 2.4.7-10) kernels

From: Atahualpa Ledesma (aledesma@reconfig.net)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 09:59:18 EST

Hello.

I have a PCCHIPS (www.pcchips.com.tw) M841LR motherboard with a SiS chipset,
i also have a Tekram DC-390F SCSI adapter and a SCSI disk. After installing
Redhat 7.2 succesfully, i wanted then to upgrade my kernel to the latest
stable one (2.4.18), so when i tried to boot the new kernel i got a kernel
panic stating that it couldn't mount the root partition, after checking the
kernel messages i saw that the scsi adapter module couldn't be loaded (i use
an initrd to boot, using RH's nash), going up into the kernel messages i
found this:

PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfdb01, last bus=1
PCI: PCI System does not support PCI

i then tried using a packaged Redhat kernel (kernel-2.4.9-31.athlon.rpm)
with noluck since the PCI subsystem was not recognized either.
After booting countless times, i was told by a friend to try 2.4.19-pre5,
and it gave me the same error about the PCI subsystem.

i'm attaching all the info that i can about my system, the dmesg.txt i'm
attaching is from the 2.4.7-10 (the stock kernel that comes with RH 7.2),
since i can't boot either of the newer kernels.

I can provide any other info you may require.

Atahualpa Ledesma
Linux/Unix System Administrator
Rubiera, Servicios Tecnicos, S. A.
www.rubiera.net