Re: A modest proposal -- We need a patch penguin

From: Geert Uytterhoeven (
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 05:12:02 EST

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
> >
> > So then something like this...
> >
> > alias ls='/bin/ls --ignore=SCCS'
> Oh, that's very useful. Considering that everything else still finds them,
> like find, shell autocompletion etc.
> The only thing "--ignore=xxx" is useful for is hackers that want to break
> into your system and hide their files.

Ugh, this is linux-kernel! (cfr. signature)

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that. -- Linus Torvalds

- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to More majordomo info at Please read the FAQ at