Re: Faster reboots - calling _start?

From: Byron Stanoszek (gandalf@winds.org)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 12:04:59 EST

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Jeremy Jackson wrote:

> [...]

Wouldn't it be easier to just ljmp to the start address of the kernel in memory
(the address after the bootloader has done its thing), effectively restarting
the kernel from line 1? Or is tehre an issue with some hardware being in an
invalid state when doing this?

Maybe Eric Biederman can comment on this since he's adding new functionality to
the boot loader..

 -Byron

--
Byron Stanoszek                         Ph: (330) 644-3059
Systems Programmer                      Fax: (330) 644-8110