Re: [WTF] ->setattr() locking changes

From: Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 13:45:11 EST

> Hmm... While we are at it, why don't we remove suid/sgid on truncate(2)?

    Are there any standards saying either way? But yes, it sounds logical.

"This function shall not modify the file offset for any open file
 descriptions associated with the file. Upon successful completion,
 if the file size is changed, this function shall mark for update
 the st_ctime and st_mtime fields of the file, and the S_ISUID and
 S_ISGID bits of the file mode may be cleared."

Andries