Re: Make swsusp actually work better

From: brian@worldcontrol.com
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 02:47:29 EST

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 01:37:26AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There were two bugs, and linux/mm.h one took me *very* long to
> find... Well, those bits used for zone should have been marked. Plus I
> hack ide_..._suspend code not to panic, and it now seems to
> work. [Sorry, 2pm, have to get some sleep.]

I can suspend without oopses. Yeh!

However, during the boot '2419p5a3 resume=/dev/hda6' it oopses right
after saying a couple of things about not being able to determine
blocksize. I'll photograph the repeatable oops and get it to you
when I have access to my camera again. Probably in the next
24 hours.

Do I need APM compiled into the kernel?

> (about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that
> the U.S. no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a
> plutocracy." --hpa

The US was never a democracy. It was a constitutional republic.
Be that as it may, Thomas Hobbes wrote that there are only three
kinds of governments: Monarchies, Democracies, and Aristocracies.
All the rest of kinds and types are just versions of those already
mentioned. The US is not a Democracy by any definition
so clearly I cannot choose the glass in front of me...

While the country may aspire to be a constitutional republic,
it seems to operate by the golden rule mixed with a bit of
thuggery, so clearly I cannot choose the glass in front of you...
Are there countries that operate differently?

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@worldcontrol.com>

Copyright (c) 2002 By Brian Litzinger, All Rights Reserved - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/