RARP server support on Linux 2.4

From: Jarlath Burke (jarlath.burke@asitatech.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 09:50:51 EST

Hi all,
I'm trying to get RARP to work on my 2.4.5 kernel, but I see that
RARP server support has been removed from it, and that it has
been moved to userland in the form of the rarpd daemon.

I have downloaded and compiled the rarpd daemon (and libpcap and
libnet dependencies), and got it to run on my 2.4.5 kernel, but I
don't know what to do with it.

With the 2.2.x kernel, if you ran the command "rarp -a", it would
give you a list of the current RARP cache, and it was possible to
manipulate the kernel's RARP table using the "rarp -s hostname hw_addr"
and "rarp -d hostname" commands.

But I can't see any way of doing this now - is there a utility to talk to
the rarpd daemon to view RARP entries and to manipulate the RARP
table? Is the RARP table still maintained in the kernel?

I'm not subscribed to the mailing list so please CC me on any replies.
Thanks in advance,
Jarlath.-