Re: PROMBLEM: CD burning at 16x uses excessive CPU, although DMA is enabled

From: Ed Sweetman (ed.sweetman@wmich.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 10:06:28 EST

I'm not completely sure about burning audio, but linux doesn't read
audio cds using DMA. It just wont on ide devices. You can use a patch
that allows this from andrew morton. I dont write many audio cds so
I've never tested it's effect on writing a cd, only reading. I imagine
it's not safe to use dma on raw/audio cds. but go check it out
anyways.