Re: PROMBLEM: CD burning at 16x uses excessive CPU, although DMA is enabled

From: Anssi Saari (as@sci.fi)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 11:17:21 EST

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 11:06:28AM -0400, Ed Sweetman wrote:
> I'm not completely sure about burning audio, but linux doesn't read
> audio cds using DMA.

I didn't think this is relevant, except if I were trying to copy a CD on
the fly, but that's not the case. But I have now tried it, no change. In
fact, what I tried was this linux-2.4.19-pre5-jam2 patch collection
which includes that and low latency and O(1) scheduler patches, among
other things. Didn't seem to help, however.