Re: faster boots?

From: Jamie Lokier (lk@tantalophile.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 11:43:33 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
> Well, noflushd already seems to work pretty well ;-). But I see kernel
> support may be required for SCSI.

I've had no luck at all with noflushd on my Toshiba Satellite 4070CDT.
It would spin down every few minutes, and then spin up _immediately_,
every time. I have no idea why.

This was noflushd-2.5-1 (the RPM packaged by Daniel Kobras), on some 2.4
kernel (I don't remember which). I gave up trying it some months ago.

-- Jamie