Re: PROMBLEM: CD burning at 16x uses excessive CPU, although DMA is enabled

From: Mark Mielke (mark@mark.mielke.cc)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 16:45:29 EST

I think the fact that it works with FreeBSD should have been enough
to show that 'excessive' doesn't need to be qualified.

The question is, how is CD burning of raw data different from
CD burning of ISO images, in respect to Linux drivers for the
hardware, and why does FreeBSD not suffer from this ailment?

mark

--
mark@mielke.cc/markm@ncf.ca/markm@nortelnetworks.com __________________________

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

http://mark.mielke.cc/