SMP problem with 2.4.18

From: David Shirley (dave@cs.curtin.edu.au)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 21:59:07 EST

Hi guys,

I am having a problem with a new dual box, its a dual athlon 1900+,
in a Asus A7M-266-D. When I try using MPS 1.4 the kernel gets upto
printing out CPU1:<T0:... but no further.

When I switch to MPS 1.1 everything works correctly?

After doing some research I found that by adding the noapic and apm=off
kernel parameters everything started to work with 1.4.

Is this normal? Is it better to run with 1.1 or 1.4 and noapic?

If you need more info please ask :)

Thanks
Dave

David Shirley