Re: [DEADLOCK] automount, kupdated: D state

From: Denis Vlasenko (vda@port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 09:04:32 EST

On 5 April 2002 12:59, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
> >kernel: 2.5.7 + new NTFS driver
> >ps and ksymoopsed parts of Alt-Sysrq-T output are attached.
> >ksymoops warnings trimmed except automount.dump.ksymoops
> >(they were the same).
>
> From looking at the information supplied, NTFS doesn't seem to be
> involved. The processes seem to be stuck trying to write dirty buffers as
> well as in nfs and pipefs - buffers could never get dirtied by the current
> NTFS as it is entirely read-only.

I don't think NTFS is related, I just wanted people to know what kernel I'm
using.

> btw. You had sent a problem report about cyrillic names with NTFS and I
> suggested to try the new NTFS driver but you never got back to me whether
> that fixed it or not... How is the new driver behaving? Are you stil seing
> problems or is everything working fine now?

I tried four times to post a reply to lkml, never seen my own posts.
This is becoming a problem, need to debug email route to lkml :-)

I needed storage badly and had to delete problematic files before
trying new NTFS driver, sorry. :-( Now I'm running 2.5.7 with new driver,
seems to work fine. Well done! I'll report anything unusual.

Are there any plans for RW support for NTFS?

--
vda