Re: 2.4.18 Boot problem

From: Guillaume Gimenez (ggimenez@prologue-software.fr)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 05:18:21 EST

Denis Vlasenko a écrit:
    Denis> On 8 April 2002 18:32, Nick Martens wrote:
    Denis> > I don't expect it to be a memory problem my system is really stable and
    Denis> > the weirdest about the problem is that it only happens the first time I
    Denis> > boot up after my pc has been turned off for a while and there are no
    Denis> > problems when i boot 2.5.1 it only crashes on shutdowns on that kernel.
    Denis> > I have tried updating all kind of things, but noting seems to work
    Denis>
    Denis> Is your "for a while" >= ten seconds? Nothing in CPU/RAM can survive
    Denis> that long.
    Denis>
    Denis> I'd say this is a hardware problem then. Something in your box does not like
    Denis> to be cold.
    Denis> --
    Denis> vda

Is Nick's system based on a Tyan TigerMP mobo with 2 cpu ?
I have the same kind of problem.

My TigerMP based system is very unstable the first 5 minutes
I use it, and then become as stable as I can expect.

I suspect my power suply to be picky about temperature and cannot
deliver the needed power when it is cold. It is an enermax 350W

Regards,

Guillaume Gimenez