2.5.7,8-pre2 and USB

From: Rob Hall (rob@compuplusonline.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 13:00:31 EST

Hi all,
        I'm running a Tyan Tiger Dual Athlon motherboard(S2624). This board has an
OHCI USB host controller on-board... I recently compiled 2.5.7, only to find
that the machine halts as soon as the USB HC is detected. Same problem arose
with 2.5.8-pre2.. Has the location of the USB init been changed? If I
recompile the kernel with USB support as modules, and load the appropriate
modules via init script, it works perfectly. Just wondering if this has been
reported by anyone else, and if it is a known issue, what is the cause and
is there a patch yet?

Thanks

--
Rob Hall