Re: 2.2.18 data corruption issues

From: Andrew Burgess (aab@cichlid.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 14:26:45 EST

I have a very similar setup and I ran 2.4.18 for about a month with similar
corruptions. Things seem better with 2.4.19pre6. I wrote some test programs
to copy and compare files on 5 drives at once as well as a large footprint
program that checksums an array the size of RAM and then sleeps to let it
page out and then repeats, to beat up on swap. No failures on 2.4.19pre6 except
I did hit the infamous 3ware 7810 Tyan 2460 lockup and had to remove the 3ware
array from my test.