R/W compressed fs support??

From: Tim Kay (timk@advfn.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 08:08:21 EST

Hello,
        Does anyone know of a Linux equivalent to DoubleSpace or whatever that
allows you read and _write_ to a compressed partiton or filesystem (in a way
that is transparent to the progs using the fs). I know there was e2compr but
that doesn't seem to have been touched in nearly 2 years, and is 2.2
specific, Infotec and the CBD patch seem to have died and zlibc seems to be a
read only solution. I'd have thought this would have been a biggie for
embedded device people but there doesn't seem to be anything out there.

        Any pointers greatfully received....

T.I.A.

Tim