Re: how to balance interrupts between 2 CPUs?

From: lm0re (lm0re@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 08:21:14 EST

I think your got something wrong, I've a 2 cpus box, all is ok,see below:

[root@info /proc]# cat interrupts
           CPU0 CPU1
  0: 1245694 1389471 IO-APIC-edge timer
  1: 157 121 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
  2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
  8: 0 1 IO-APIC-edge rtc
 10: 10685 10958 IO-APIC-level usb-uhci, e100
 14: 36926 50216 IO-APIC-edge ide0
 15: 1 1 IO-APIC-edge ide1
NMI: 0 0
LOC: 2635076 2635074
ERR: 0
MIS: 0

Read the IRQ-affinity.txt which should usual be at
/usr/src/linux/Documentation, and change the configuration maybe your can
specify cpu1 processes the IRQ 18. And check the result.

lm0re