Re: Mouse interrupts: the death knell of a VP6

From: William Park (opengeometry@yahoo.ca)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 11:49:24 EST

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 11:43:13AM -0500, Brent Cook wrote:
> I have used a Tyan Tiger 100 with two processors and an Intel BX
> chipset, with great success and no similar locks, so I am 50% certain
> that a hardware difference is the root cause of the problem.
> Hopefully, someone else will have seen similar problems.

Sorry to jump in the middle of thread... I missed the previous posts.

I have VP6, and it freezes when PS/2 mouse is unplugged and then plugged
back in. When the mouse is pulled out, it's okey. But, when the mouse
is plugged back in, the machine hangs. This occurs in BP6 as well, I've
been tolded.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry@yahoo.ca>
8 CPU cluster, NAS, (Slackware) Linux, Python, LaTeX, Vim, Mutt, Tin