Re: Stolen Memory <- i830M video chip

From: Blue Lang (blue@b-side.org)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 15:29:51 EST

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Michael De Nil wrote:

> i searched on the intel-website, which told me hat i should be able to
> change this setting in my bios. *not*
>
> can't i reserve any more ram myselve by selecting linux only to use 256 -
> 8 Meg or something @ boot-time ?

the dell c400 has this same problem. there is an excellent web page on one
person's experiences with it, but i can't find it right now.. anyways, his
result was that the bios was actually broken and that it would take a f/w
update from Dell to fix it. a little googling should yield the results you
want.

i assume it's probably the same situation with your laptop.

good luck,

--
Blue Lang                                      http://www.b-side.org/~blue
           editor, b-side.org                        http://www.b-side.org