lockd hanging

From: Daniel Forrest (forrest@lmcg.wisc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 18:33:20 EST

This is my first post to this list, I'll try to be brief.

Kernel version 2.4.18.

Problem: under heavy load (i.e. >32 client machines locking/unlocking
the same NFS mounted file repeatedly) lockd hangs (sometimes hanging
the local file system with it) and the server must be rebooted.

I have discovered a basic flaw in the lockd code and have patched it
to work correctly. Is there an individual who is "responsible" for
the lockd code whom I can correspond with to discuss the flaws I
have found, the solutions I have devised, and how to get this patch
into general circulation.

P.S. I have examined the lockd code up to version 2.5.7 and it has not
     changed in any significant way since 2.4.18.