Re: usbnet: prolific fails reset

From: David Brownell (david-b@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 19:16:49 EST

Hi Kurt --

Thanks for the patch, I'll check it out. "-32" should be a protocol
stall (Intel <asm/errno.h> I assume) that could be retried ... it'd
be better done in device-specific code (pl_reset) than in the
generic layer though. I'll look at providing a "real" fix, and may
ask you to check out a different patch.

Those Prolific chips are perhaps not as finely crafted as I'd like
to see, there are a bunch of "gotchas" ... this could be a good
way to work around one of them, but I suspect you'll still find that
under load testing, you'll be glad the TX watchdog is so good
at barking (sometimes every few seconds)!

- Dave