Re: uhci locks up in 2.4.19-pre6

From: Stanislav Meduna (stano@meduna.org)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 07:02:46 EST

Hello,

trying to load a uhci module from 2.4.19-pre6 at boot locks my computer.

In 2.4.18 I noticed that the USB printing stopped to work
(see the thread "USB printing via ptal broke between 2.4.17 and .18"
started on 29 Mar). I the tested 2.4.19-pre5 and loading the uhci
module locked the machine. In -pre6 the behaviour is the same.

Can I switch some debug mode on to help you seeing where the thing
locks?

This is on the Abit BP6 motherboard (Celeron SMP box). I see that
there are quite a few changes in the uhci area - please, don't
make final 2.4.19 until these issues are resolved.

Using usb-uhci is not an option for me, as it is causing lockups
when printing to a USB printer (and ever did so). uhci was OK
in this regard up to 2.4.17.

Regards

--
                                     Stano