bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.4 busted

From: Ben Greear (greearb@candelatech.com)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 20:07:42 EST

Feeling lucky, I tried pulling down the bkbits linux-2.4
repository. It does not compile as usual:

Changing num_smp_cpus to NR_CPUS, as shown below, fixes one
compile problem, but I'm not sure if it's the right fix or not.

 From file: kernel_stat.h:
/*
  * Number of interrupts per specific IRQ source, since bootup
  */
static inline int kstat_irqs (int irq)
{
        int i, sum=0;

        for (i = 0 ; i < NR_CPUS ; i++)
                sum += kstat.irqs[cpu_logical_map(i)][irq];

        return sum;
}
#endif

With this 'fix', it gets all the way to the end and then fails to link:
fs/fs.o: In function `dput':
fs/fs.o(.text+0x11f68): undefined reference to `atomic_dec_and_lock'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

I'm beginning to think that no-one is actually using the repository.
If anyone has any suggestions for a better up-kept bk (or CVS) repository,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Ben

--